The Columbia Museum of Art presents their major spring exhibition Salvador Dalí’s Fantastical Fairy Tales, on view March 11 – May 21, 2017, that explores the connections between art and literature through the artist’s signature playfulness, inventiveness, and fine draftsmanship. Featuring 36 colorful prints from The Dalí Museum, this whimsical exhibition showcases his illustrations for literary classics including Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Don Quixote, and the tales of Hans Christian Andersen. SC Humanities supported this project through a Major Grant awarded in February 2017.
Ongoing parts of the exhibit experience include:
- Multimedia TAP Tour available on your computer, smartphone, or on iPads provided by the CMA.
- Thematic Fantastic Figures cards created in collaboration with Richland Library
- Thirty-minute Spark Tours every Friday at 2:00 p.m.
- Gallery Tour every Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
- Thematic Art Explorer Backpacks
Location: Columbia Museum of Art, 1515 Main St, Columbia, SC 29201