South Carolina Humanities is seeking an experienced, organized Administrative Assistant to support the staff and Board. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for preparing the following: financial records for the SC Humanities accountant and the auditor; correspondence for Board meetings; assisting staff with administrative tasks and duties; and daily bookkeeping tasks, accounts payable, and receivable.
The mission of SC Humanities is to enrich the cultural and intellectual lives of all South Carolinians. Established in 1973, this 501(c) 3 organization is governed by a volunteer 20-member Board of Directors comprised of community leaders from throughout the state. It presents and/or supports literary initiatives, lectures, exhibits, festivals, publications, oral history projects, videos and other humanities-based experiences that directly or indirectly reach more than 250,000 citizens annually.
- Secure sensitive documents, budgets and other correspondence for Director
- Assist in preparing materials for Board meetings
- Assist staff in preparation of annual budgets, reports, and promotional projects
- Prepare all account payables and inhouse financial record bookkeeping
- Assist Executive Director in preparing reports required by National Endowment for the Humanities
- Responsible for entering all info to QuickBooks/compare to statements/download financials in Box.com for accountant
- Assists in preparing annual audit reports requested by and required by auditor
- Acts as support to answer incoming business lines and screen calls to the Executive Director, Assistant Director, and Communications Director.
- Maintain adequate office supplies.
- Assist with special events as directed/needed
- Create and maintain spreadsheets as directed
- Associate degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of related administrative support experience preferred, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Experience with QuickBooks, Box.com, and Bill.com preferred
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills in person, in writing, and on the telephone
- Excellent customer service skills and organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to present a positive image of South Carolina Humanities and all programs and events supported by South Carolina Humanities
Medical, dental, and short-term disability insurance (after qualifying period); retirement benefits (after 1 year of employment)
This is a full-time, exempt position. Thirty hours per week is the general rule. However, depending on project cycles, work flow demands, and before- and after-hours meetings and events, additional hours and weekend work may be required.
Send cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Administrative Assistant.” No phone calls. Deadline for applications is Thursday, December 3, 2020.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.