The Literary Arts Partnership is a cooperative effort funded by the South Carolina State Library, the South Carolina Arts Commission, and SC Humanities. The Literary Arts Partnership Coordinator is the sole position of the partnership and is one-year contract grant employee of SC Humanities.
The Literary Arts Partnership Coordinator (a full-time position referred to as LAP) will work with all partners to develop, promote, and manage programs that integrate literary efforts and visions of all partners, including statewide programs utilizing literature, writers, or literary discussions in public libraries, arts councils, or other local public venues.
The LAP Coordinator will:
- manage new and existing programs that integrate literary efforts and visions of all partners
- develop public relations materials to promote those programs
- administer appropriate web page management for literary activities
- develop strategies for increasing the visibility of the literary arts in the state, including maintaining the Literary Arts Bulletin at the South Carolina Arts Commission
- coordinate programs and activities of the South Carolina Center for the Book at the South Carolina State Library
- assist the Director of the SC Book Festival with coordinating the annual SC Book Festival
- serve as Literary Arts resource for the general public
A degree in English, literature, arts administration, library and information science, or public or business administration, with work or volunteer experience in the literary arts, is highly preferred.
Experience in events planning and management, public relations, budget preparation, and fundraising is significant. Knowledge of South Carolina communities and cultural organizations is helpful. Knowledge of the literary arts including writers and books is preferred.
Preferred technology capabilities include: proficiency in Microsoft Word, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of email systems, proficiency with internet searching, knowledge of presentation software such as Microsoft Power Point, and experience in content management of web pages.
Other specific skills include persuasive writing, public speaking, good organization, research, maintenance of computer data bases, ability to set goals and instruments for measurement (audience tracking/marketing), self motivation, the ability to be a team player, and the interest and desire to work with a diverse constituency.
The LAP Coordinator is housed at SC Humanities office, 2711 Middleburg Drive, Columbia and spends two days a week at the South Carolina Arts Commission at 1800 Gervais Street, Columbia and one to two days per week at the South Carolina State Library. Starting salary is negotiable with experience in the low $30,000 range. Health plan and other benefits included.
The position is renewable annually, based on the agreement of all parties involved.
The position is open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications on June 1, 2009 with a start date in July 2009. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
The Humanities Council SC
P.O. Box 5287
Columbia, SC 29250
For more information about the Literary Arts Partnership Coordinator position, please call 803-771-2477 or contact Randy Akers at firstname.lastname@example.org.