- PART ONE: Saturday, Oct. 22 | Noon-2:30 p.m.
- PART TWO: Saturday, Oct. 29 | Noon-2 p.m.
- Local hosts:
- Allendale Rural Arts Team
- Click on the link to register now! https://forms.gle/Prfni7RTksQsWZZp6
- No previous experience is necessary, and the workshops are free and open to the public.
- Space is limited; registration is on a first-come, first-served basis online, or contact Folklife and Traditional Arts Director Laura Marcus Green, Ph.D. (803.734.8764 | email@example.com).
- Share it with your friends on Facebook! (Please note: marking yourself as “Going” on Facebook DOES NOT register you for Communal Pen: Voices & Votes.)
Communal Pen Writing Workshops are a partnership between South Carolina Humanities and the South Carolina Arts Commission.
Participants celebrate and explore their connections to place and community. Using museum exhibit themes and images as a springboard to ignite your own stories, you will give voice to shared and individual experiences of place and history unfolding. Often, it is in our written words that memory and insight live.
Current workshops are offered in conjunction with the Smithsonian exhibit, Voices and Votes: Democracy in America, which is touring South Carolina with the Smithsonian Institution’s Museum on Main Street Traveling Exhibition Services (SITES) through January 2023. It is currently on exhibit in partnership with the Allendale Rural Arts Team at UofSC Salkehatchie West Campus from Sept. 10 through Oct. 22.