Award-winning poet Marlanda Dekine-Sapient Soul will lead a series of poetry writing workshops on Wednesdays in October and November 2020 at 10:00-11:30 a.m. for the Georgetown County Library System (GCLS). Due to COVID-19, all sessions will be conducted online with the video-conferencing program, BlueJeans. The program is free and open to the public. However, space in the workshop is limited in order to give proper attention to all participants. To register, please contact, Dr. Dan Turner at 843-545-3363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested, don’t let technology stand in your way! GCLS has laptops and wifi hotspots available for patrons to check out.
- Wednesday, October 7: “The Blank Page”: Techniques to start writing
- Wednesday, October 14: “Healing through Writing”: Cathartic approaches to generating individuality
- Wednesday, October 21: “Voice & Tone”: Immersion in literature to speak truthfully and well
- Wednesday, October 28: “Sound & Noise”: Consideration of the musicality of words
- Wednesday, November 4: “Before We Wrote, We Spoke”: Vocal ways to recall oral traditions